Saturday, November 16, 2013

Can’t Sleep…Again!

I seem to find myself wide awake in the middle of the night all too often. I have been awake for almost two hours now and I cannot seem to get any sleep. So I might as well take advantage of this opportunity and catch up on my blog! Let me just start by saying, “holy cow I cannot believe that November is half way over!” Time seems to be flying, and I have no idea where it is in such a hurry to
get to.

Thanksgiving is the week after next, and I am so excited! We have some of our closest friends coming over to have dinner with us. We are going to smoke a turkey on our Traeger, and I know that it is going to be amazing! I have practiced making grandma’s famous rolls, and they turned out awesome. I have a few adjustments I still need to per-fect, but I have full confidence that I will get it down. This is going to be my first time cooking Thanksgiving dinner and I am really looking forward to it. I feel like such a grown up! I will miss being with family, but I am really grateful to have such awesome friends to share the holidays with, I could not imagine settling in to Texas without them.

Levi is starting to crawl.kind of. It’s more of a forward scoot and roll. He is able to get to any destination he seeks, and lately he seems to be attracted to my scrapbooking stuff. It does not matter where on the floor I set him he always seems to end up with both his hands in my scrapbooking bins. He must be excited to get into scrapbooking. He likes to play with Penny more and more every day. Every time Penny walks by he grabs her fur and smiles. He also spends a great deal of time talking to her. He must have a lot to say. Penny is starting to really warm up to him too. Whenever Morgan and I walk in to the door we are always greeted by lots of jumps and kisses from Penny, she is always just so excited to see us. Well lately she is having that same reaction with Levi. As soon as we walk in and I set Levi down, I cannot get her to stop kissing Levis head. I am sure that many of you find that disgusting, but he will have a stronger immune system for it. I am also running into the problem of keeping Penny’s toys separate from Levi’s toys. It would be easier if Penny was not constantly bring Levi her toys and dropping them on his lap. This will be a fun puzzle to solve. Levis favorite activities still consist of watching me vacuum and wash the dishes. It does not matter how tired and fussy he is as soon as the vacuum or sink turns on he goes silent. This leaves me with a pending excuse to always be cleaning.

Best Friends!

I have also been doing a lot of baking. I think it is safe for me to say that I have mastered buttermilk bread! I am going to try to get into the habit of making my own bread instead of buying it at the store. It just tastes so much better when you make it yourself. Morgan is very excited for this decision. Every time he comes home to anything homemade he just gets so excited. It makes me feel good and appreciated. This keeps me excited to cook things that he likes. I am really enjoying having the extra time to cook and bake.

I have to take a moment to get on my soapbox to complain about all the stores that are opening on Thursday for black Friday. I hate that I am going to have to choose between going shopping which I love to do, especially on black Friday, and sitting at the table and enjoying Thanksgiving dinner. I just hate that stores are opening earlier and earlier every year. It is sucking the fun out of black Friday. It is not enjoyable when you cannot even get a couple hours of sleep before leaving for a long stretch of shopping. I am just starting to realize that my black Friday days may be coming to an end if they do not stop this selfishness.

Last, me and Morgan have been talking about the possibility of adding the second addition to our family sometime soon. I am over whelmed by the idea of having two kids, but I really want to have them all close together. I can’t decide if I want to wait for Levi to be 25 months when the next baby is born, or 18 months. I just don’t want to completely over whelm myself, but I think the closer I can get them in age then the easier it will be in the long run. I will keep you updated with that if there is any news to share.

Well I am going to go have a piece of homemade toast with a heaping glass of chocolate milk, and then maybe I can sleep.


Sweet dreams!

This is my new favorite pic of Levi

2 comments:

  1. My first two babies are 12 months apart. That was not planned AT ALL, but if I had the choice, I would do it again in a heartbeat. They are best friends and entertain each other all day long for me (seriously, the best thing EVER). They play with the same toys, they have the same friends now - it makes for a really, really great relationship. I enjoy my kids being super close (but then for baby #3 we waited 3 years after baby #2). Either way, you will be busy - 2 kids does that no matter what ages they are. But I don't think you will be overwhelmed.. you are a great mama.
    And I'm super jealous of the homemade bread - that sounds soooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was planning for somewhere around 25 months apart but they ended up being 22 months apart; I got pregnant as soon as I stopped breastfeeding. You can only plan so much but anywhere in that range would be good.

    ReplyDelete